Monday, June 13, 2011

story of a life

I was adopted at birth by 2 wonderful parents. My dad passed away when i was 18 and in april of this year my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Its funny how when i speak of my MOM people get confussed. To me there is no confussion. Ill get asked, "your real mom" or your other mom? Hmmm I guess to some I have to clarify and to me thats strange. .MOM,,, what defines that? Someone who would give up her life for her child, someone who wipes yucky noses, who goes to doctors appointments, who stays up night after night with a colicky newborn, who when their teen drives away in a car for the first time, cant sit still till they come back in the door then breaths a sigh of releif. I belonged to some blogs that were offended by the term BIRTH MOM or BIRTH mother. They insisted on being called,,FIRST mom or FIRST parent. HMMMMMM weird huh. How were they first when they NEVER PARNETED?? Needless to say I got myself BANNED from their blogs lol! I refused to refer to them like that.
  The lable of mom, mommy, mama,, is something thats earned. Earned by the devotion to our children. So when I speak of my "mom" it will always be about the one who devoted her life to me. That lable can never be givin to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment