Thursday, August 4, 2011

parent vs friend

My promise to my kids -I am your parent first, your friend second. I will stalk you, flip out on you, lecture you, drive you insane, be your worst nightmare & hunt you down like a bloodhound when needed because I LOVE YOU! When you understand that, I will know you're a responsible adult. You will NEVER find someone who loves, prays, cares, & worries about you more than I do!
remember that kiddos, Brandi , Jessika, Ashleigh, Mikayla , Brooke, kristopeher, KAYLA (LOL)

Can't get any more real than that!!! Can you imagine if parents didnt get involved when we were teens??? omg. I know to any teens reading this, we are the totallly uncool generation!
THis is the main problem theses days, being the parent FIRST, so many want to be friends, but think back for a moment, how many friends from school do you as adults still have? 1, 2, ? PARENTS are forever! How many parents will throw themselves under a bus for their child? EVERY parent I know. All we really want is for our children to become good upstanding adults.

There are so many children who have parents but dont have a mommy and daddy!
Anyone who has given birth or fathered a child can say they are parents, but thats no where near being mommy or daddy!

The next time I yell, flip out on, cry about, pray about, worry about one of my children, I hope they will know the depth of my love for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment